The ‘x’ is the center of the target, the mark, sometimes called the bullseye. XQuest is the desire to be right on the mark, where your aim is true.
Xquest Archery is locally owned and operated. Our indoor range is the largest in the Ottawa area, featuring 8 shooting lanes.
Our facility is family oriented and focuses on developing the individual, not just the athlete. Whether you would like to try archery for the first time or you are an experienced shooter, our family-friendly facility can accommodate all ages and skill levels.
Our facility is for those that want more than what a general sports store can offer. We specialize in Olympic recurve equipment with knowledgeable and friendly service.
We are part of an ever-increasing community of archery enthusiasts in the Ottawa area. We invite you to get involved, send us an email, give us a call, visit our store, take a class. You’ll be glad you did. The ‘x’ is the center of the target, the mark, sometimes called the bullseye. Xquest is the desire to be right on the mark, where your aim is true.
Our approach to archery is based on solid values of integrity, discipline and focus.
It is our belief that the endeavour and pursuit of this ancient art and sport is beneficial to mind, body and spirit and can enrich every aspect of one’s life.
Range Safety & Etiquette
XQuest Archery’s target range operates under the following target standards. Under these rules,
- bow weights must not exceed 50 pounds
- arrow diameter must not exceed 9.33mm
- broadheads and field point tips are prohibited
- crossbows are prohibited
Our indoor range features 8 shooting lanes with a shooting distance of 18 meters, allowing members to use the facility, even during scheduled class time.
Archery is a very safe sport and we wish to maintain this by following safety rules and range etiquette.
Archery Range Safety Rules
- The shooting line must be called ”CLEAR” before shooting can begin. The last shooter on the line shall call “CLEAR” when they have completed shooting.
- No one shall approach the targets until all shooting has been completed and the range has been declared “CLEAR”. The last person to return from retrieving arrows shall confirm that there is no one down range and call the line “CLEAR” to commence shooting.
- When you are done shooting, step back from the shooting line to the waiting line to indicate that you have completed shooting.
- No Archer may draw a bow with or without an arrow, except when standing on the shooting line and the line is clear for shooting.
- Non-shooters must stay behind the (yellow) spectator line when there are people shooting on the shooting line. Club approved instructors and Coaches are exempt. An Xquest archer member when supervising their guest is also exempt.
- No Archer may draw back the string of a bow using any technique which if released could allow an arrow to hit the ceiling, the walls, or the floor.
- If you drop an arrow and you cannot reach it, do not step beyond the shooting line to retrieve that arrow until the range is called “CLEAR”.
- Draw weights are limited to 60 pounds.
- No crossbows are allowed.
Archery Range Etiquette
- Pay attention and cooperate with club officials carrying out their duties.
- Music level and genre should be kept to a level agreeable to all who are present.
- Keep talking on the shooting line to a minimum to avoid distracting other shooters.
- Do no comment on someone else’s shooting during an end.
- Be encouraging when speaking to other members.
- Keep remarks on your own shooting to yourself, as this may upset or distract someone else.
- All members have the responsibility to keep the archery range area clean. Please pick up all papers/used targets, etc. and place them in the garbage/recycling bins.
- If you lose an arrow point in the buttress, do not attempt to remove it.
- Respect the other arrows in the target while removing your own arrows
- Leave the other arrows in the target unless asked to remove them.
- Archers should be mindful and respectful to shoot no more than the amount of arrows that do not affect (or hold up) the shooting line.
Archery Club Rules
- It is the club member’s responsibility to sign into the range log for every visit (including guests).
- Members and guests must abide by the range rules.
- Members and guests are to assume responsibility for their own equipment; Xquest Archery is not responsible for lost, stolen, broken or damaged equipment.
- All minors must be supervised by their parent or legal guardian. Parents and legal guardians must be familiar with all range safety rules and may not leave the range while their minor is actively shooting.
- All vehicles that interfere with safe range use are prohibited (e.g. skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, inline skates, etc.) with the exception of service vehicles.
- No vehicles to be left on the premises.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused permission to shoot and asked to leave the property.
- Members found to be contravening range policies will be given a warning for their first offence, fined for their second offence and member privileges will be cancelled upon the third offence with no refund of membership dues.
Come and experience the passion for archery at XQuest Archery